About Adept Management
Adept Management Ltd (AML) specialises in improving the certainty of large, complex construction and engineering projects, especially through the design and engineering phases. Utilising our vast design planning and management experience, and with the support of proven, highly effective tools and techniques, we have a healthy pipeline of prestigious projects with many of the industry’s leading players.
You will be an experienced Planning Engineer who will be responsible for supporting clients to develop and implement complex integrated pre-construction (design and procurement) programmes and performance reporting. As a Consultant, you will utilise your experience and specialist knowledge to enhance planning and delivery processes for AML clients whilst developing business relationships and driving best practice and learning into the wider AML organisation.
The Consultant we are looking for will have knowledge and experience of redevelopment / refurbishment of large-scale industrial buildings, including their conversion into residential and/or commercial developments. In addition, experience in industrial construction sectors (process engineering, mining, and/or rail) would be an advantage, along with a proven ability to transfer knowledge from these sectors into building construction projects.
Critical requirements that you must bring to the role include:
- Knowledge/experience of large scale industrial redevelopment and refurbishment projects.
- Knowledge/experience of planning and monitoring design and co-ordination processes which are implementing BIM tools.
- Detailed knowledge of planning integrated processes for design and procurement.
- Experience using Primavera P6 and Asta Powerproject to develop detailed programmes of complex project processes.
You should hold a Bachelors level degree in an engineering or construction discipline.
You will be expected to undertake the following general duties:
- Support clients in the delivery of scopes of work, performance specifications and client requirements;
- Plan work schedules for major design and construction development projects through collaborative working with the key disciplines;
- Coordinate and schedule the key interfaces between the various disciplines;
- Set project milestones and review with design and delivery teams to ensure deadlines are achieved;
- Liaise directly with client design team / client and client PM team on a daily / weekly basis;
- Review sub-contractor schedule for logic and for dates in line with overall project delivery dates;
- Check the integrity of schedules submitted by sub-contractors / consultants and ensure alignment with the master schedule;
- Analyse schedules, plans, drawings, specifications and develops scenarios (what-if) to support management decision-making;
- Prepare sequences of design, procurement and delivery activities to determine completion dates for each phase of work (to enable management of the production process); and
- Oversee and assess performance in the effective implementation of schedules, underpinning processes, and supporting procedures.
- Develop, monitor and control project schedules / risk registers for the integrated design, procurement and refurbishment of large industrial spaces (residential development on warehousing scale);
- Support the management of the client design team via scenario planning – integrating structural, MEP, Facade and Interior design, procurement and delivery interfaces;
- Monitor and report on the likelihood of meeting approval processes, permitting requirements and local authority requirements;
- Integrate sub-contractor pre-construction plans for alignment with master plan and for detailed monitoring/reporting; and
- Developing, planning and monitoring detailed processes for the phased modelling and co-ordination of client design, sub-contractor design and equipment manufacturer information.
We offer a competitive annual salary, a car allowance, and benefots package (upon successful completion of a six-month trial period). Benefits include: stakeholder pension with a company contribution of up to 5% (gross), subject to satisfactory entry requirements; death in service benefit of four times your basic salary; and Standard Life Primecare health insurance (or similar).
Job Location: Coventry or London
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 1705-002.
Reference Number: 1705-002
Posted On: 04/05/2017
Expiry Date: N/A